Lisa in Action
& Corporate Training
Executives who communicate better, write better, and speak betterprevent costly mistakes and improve communications. A leader with a heavy accent may lose respect and live with frustration. Working with a coach, and having tailored programs to improve writing, speaking and communicating at all levels.
Accent Reduction Miami™ has a Free Group to meet other people and improve your accent! Join us for the BEST place In Miami to reduce your accent and improve your English. More importantly, it's free!
Thank you for your interest in the Speech and Accent Academy. Below are a list of helpful resources that we hope will help you on your communications journey.
Accent Reduction Miami — Join us!
Join us for the BEST place In Miami to reduce your accent and improve your English. More importantly, it's free!
- Lisa Jeffery's blog — Tips in communication skills, public speaking, the art of communicating with precision, elegance and influence.
- Accent Reduction Miami blog — Lisa Jeffery's Tips in Accent Reduction Blog
Register to receive our "Journeys in Communication" newsletter, full of free tips on how to be a great communicator.
- Fun Easy English — Learn English online free. American English pronunciation, daily classroom, grammar, idioms, slang, writing, English language activities, TV, radio, surveys, tests, video lessons, travel information, and much more.
- Understanding Phonics, Phonetic Sounds
- Phonetics Flash Animation Project — The Sounds of Spoken Language, University of Iowa
- The Speech Accent Archive (George Mason University) — The speech accent archive uniformly presents a large set of speech samples from a variety of language backgrounds. Native and non-native speakers of English read the same paragraph and are carefully transcribed. The archive is used by people who wish to compare and analyze the accents of different English speakers.
- Wikipedia — A great place to gather information on any dialect and the International Phonetic Alphabet
- Voice Over Talent
Lisa Jeffery has been featured in several publications as an expert in the communications field, including:
- South Florida Sun Sentinal (January 2013) Classes putting an emphasis on reducing foreign accents January 20, 2013|By Johnny Diaz, Sun Sentinel
- National Speaker Association Magazine (June 2007) — Lisa Jeffery discusses her background, scary moments on the platform and how she stays motivated as a speaker in a magazine circulated among speaking professionals.
- Barry University's OAOC magazine (Spring 2006) — Professor Lisa Jeffery taught her program "The Art of Being Memorable" at the Older Adult Opportunity Center at Barry University
- New York Times, June 2007 — The Sunday edition of the New York Times features Lisa Jeffery’s client María Celeste Arrarás, a Spanish-language television personality.
- Toastmaster magazine (December 2007) — Lisa Jeffery explains how she instructs her students and her clients to focus on achievable goals.